Today we begin the final week of a six-week exploration of generosity. Each week has provided a question relating to generosity for us to consider. Taken together, the questions we have been considering can form a daily discipline to examine our lives as we seek to grow in love following Jesus.
Take a few minutes to quietly consider these question at the end of each day, or at another convenient time. You can make your observations in your head, in a journal, or you can share them in conversation with another person. The important part is to reflect on your own experiences.
We tend to see what we are looking for. If we expect to find generosity in the world we will.
1. What examples of generosity did I witness today?
2. Where was I a recipient of generosity today?
3. How did the generosity I experienced or received today impact and change me?
4. Who have been models of generosity—Christian Love—to me? How do I feel the saints present with me on my journey to grow in generosity?
5. When was I able to be generous or to show Christian Love today?
6. When was I less generous than I could have been today? What can I do differently in the future?